Free Income Tax Preparation

Help is provided to low income individuals and families. We do not do tax returns for self-employed, bankrupt, deceased persons, or people with rental income.

There are no appointments for income tax help. We work on a first-come, first-served basis. If you need help, please bring your ID, income slips and deduction receipts. Those who are married or common-law, please be sure that both spouses attend. And if your children also need a tax return, please make sure your children attend. We cannot prepare tax returns for people who do not come in person.

Tax returns will be prepared at the church building at 1120 West 5th Street from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on the following dates:

February 18
March 11
March 25
April 8
April 22
May 6
May 27
June 17
August 26
September 23
October 28
November 25


  1. teresa

    hello… i am needing help doing my 2016 tax return… i have seperate from my husband oct 3 2016 and don’t have any of my t4 slips as i have no access to my “old” address.. How would I go about getting these before Oct 28 so I can come to your clinic and get my taxes done? thank u

    • Thank you for your enquiry.

      Please contact the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) at 1-800-959-8281. As long as you can answer their questions to verify your identity, they will be able to update you address and mail you copies of any slips that they have on file. It is possible that they might not have all the slips. Anything that they don’t send you, you would have to provide yourself (such as going back to the person who paid you and ask for another copy). You may wish to do this anyway, to make sure that at least one copy gets to you in time.

      If you paid rent or property tax, you would need to ask your landlord for a copy of the rent receipt, or you can look up your property taxes on the City of Hamilton website.

      Your tax return asks you an estimate of your spouse’s income for 2016. So you should try and think of what that might be. And if you have a record of your spouse’s social insurance number (SIN), you should bring that too (although we might be able to work around that if you don’t have it).

    • Thank you for your enquiry.

      You need to bring all your income slips (T4, T5, T3, T5007, etc.) and deduction receipts (if any). If you paid rent or property tax in Ontario during the year that you are filing, you should bring your rent receipt or property tax statement. You should also have some ID because the government likes us to confirm that the correct person is doing their tax return.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *