We collect new and gently used clothing, furniture, and household items (dishes, pots & pans, lamps, etc.). These items are given away free of charge to those in need in the Hamilton and surrounding community. We help anyone who truly needs help.
Our number one priority has always been women in and women who are leaving women’s shelters. However, many others benefit from our program: low income individuals, families, and seniors; recent immigrants; pregnant teens and teenage moms; people coming out of jail, long-term, and addiction treatment programs; homeless and those living in marginal housing who are trying to get into government housing or setup their own homes. We have also helped a number of families who have lost everything through no fault of their own: flood, fire, bed bugs, cockroaches, fleas, etc.
We get referrals from the Neighbour to Neighbour food bank, the women’s shelters in Hamilton, the Native Indian Centre, Community Care Access Centre (CCAC), the Jewish Centre, North Hamilton Medical Clinic, Adolescent Care Child Program (ACCP), St. Joseph’s Women’s Immigration Centre, and just about every other social agency in Hamilton.
What items do we take?
- Furniture: beds, couches, tables, chairs, dressers
- Appliances: stoves, fridges, washers, dryers only – the appliances must not be more than 7 years old and must be in working condition with all parts, knobs, controls attached. We CANNOT fix appliances or furniture.
These large items can be left on the front porch beside the glass doors of the church at 1120 West 5th St.
- Clothes: men, women, and children; shirts, socks, pants, skirts, shorts, coats, mittens, gloves, hats, boots, shoes
- Linen: towels, sheets, blankets, pillows, wash cloths
- Household items: pots, pans, dishes, glasses, cutlery, lamps
These smaller items can be left in the carport of the yellow house next door at 1136 West 5th St.
You can deliver your items at anytime, even if a volunteer is not present. Unfortunately, we do not have any volunteers who can make pick-ups.